Effective from 25th May 2018
At Solocal ("company", "we", "us", or "our"), we are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites, expressing an interest in obtaining information from us, participating in activities on the Sites or contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name, Gender and Email address.
- Credentials. We collect your password for authentication and account access.
- Social Media Login Data. To use our App, we request you to register with your Facebook account. If you authorise us the access, we will collect the Information described in the section called "Social Logins" below.
- Other Data. Data that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Sites, such as taking and uploading a selfie, completing your profile, chat, posting meetings, joining activities, contacting us, and responding to surveys. If you choose to share data about yourself via your profile or other interactive areas of the Sites, please be advised that all of these data will be accessible to anyone who accesses the App.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information is collected automatically when you visit the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Information collected through our Sites
If you use our App, we may also collect the following information:
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Location Data. When you use the App, we collect information about your actual location with your authorisation via Apple’s Location Services. We use this to tailor our services for you and others, like finding nearby meetings and things to do, and choosing meeting points.
- Facebook Permissions. If you choose to sign up via Facebook, we by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process with your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to your Facebook account, we use the information you allowed us to collect from Facebook to facilitate account creation and login process. See the section below headed "Social Logins" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "Your Privacy Rights" below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfil and manage your purchases for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user"s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- Google Firebase Sever https://Firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- Google Firebase Realtime Database Database https:// Firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- Google Firebase Cloud Storage Data storage https://Firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- Google Firebase Cloud messaging Messaging http://Firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- Google Google Analytics Data processor, User analytics, tracking https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Squarespace Squarespace Host and process website https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/
- Mailchimp Mailchimp Email marketing https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
With your Consent.
We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
When you share personal information (for example, by posting meetings, messaging, joining activities via the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Sites, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site and our App in perpetuity.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
If you choose to register or log in to our Sites using your social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offers you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook login). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, gender, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public, you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
We use Firebase (by Google) as our App server. Please refer to http://firebase.google.com/support/privacy for how your information may be transferred, stored, and processed. We use SquareSpace to host our Website, please refer to https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/ for how your information maybe transferred, stored, and processed.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognised by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
For transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to people under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will delete the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
You have the right to access the data we hold on you. Subject access requests must be made in writing and include a copy of identification (such as driver licence or passport, this is to make sure that your personal information is not given to the wrong person) and must be addressed to the Data Protection Officer (see below). All access requests will be processed within one month on receipt of the access request.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account and updating your profile
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- Upon your request to terminate your account, we will delete your account and information from our active databases.
Cookies and similar technologies
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don"t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
- Analytics Cookies
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved. Solocal uses Google analytics cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
- Our Cookies
Our cookies are "first-party cookies" and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won"t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser but may affect the functionality of the Site.
- Personalisation Cookies
Personalisation cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
- Security Cookies
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorised parties.
- Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Advertising/Marketing Cookies
Advertising/Marketing cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you. We use Facebook cookies to register impressions on pages with the Facebook login button. We also have cookies used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish - for details, see https://aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at email@example.com (subject "FAO DP") or by post to:
Solocal Ltd, Kemp House, 152 - 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX